Tuesday, 20 July 2010
dah lama xmeng updatekan blog....bukan apa malas nak menulis...arini hubby masak majboos ikan...so nak kongsi resepi la bagaimana hubby masak nie....bole tahan gok sedap nyer...
3 cup long grain rice
5 pcs. whole pomfret fish
1 medium carrot, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 thumb-sized ginger, minced
1 tsp. (or more) black pepper powder
1 tbsp. lemon juice
3 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tsp. turmeric powder
1 tsp/ salt
cooking oil, enough to fry the fish
1. Clean the fish, remove the intestine, wash thorougly then slit each of the fish side with a knife lenghtwise to make a small opening. Sprinkle the fishes with 1/2 tsp. of the turmeric powder then fill the slits with few amount of salt and black pepper powder. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, wash the rice, then soak in water for 10 minutes. Drain. Fill a medium pot with enough water, add 1 tbsp. oil and 1 tsp. salt, bring to a boil. Add rice and cook for 5-6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat the cooking oil in a pan and fry the carrots for few minutes, remove from oil and set aside. Then fry the fishes until golden brown. Transfer to paper towels. Set aside.
4. Take 3 tbsp. from the used oil, heat in a medium pot then saute garlic, onion and ginger until tender. Add carrots, bell pepper, tomato paste, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder, black pepper and salt, stir. Add rice to the mixture and stir to mix well. Reduce heat to very low and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Transfer to a platter and put all the fried fishes on top of rice. Serve with Dakkous.